History

 

01 02 03

 

The foundation for establishment of Bandarawela central college in this area was laid down due to Japanese

bomb attack to Colombo city during the period of World War II. In 1942, 1-3 forms of the Royal College, Colombo were shifted to Glendale bungalow in Bandarawela, where BCC stands today. In 1944 the Royal College Preparatory School also brought to the same place. This was in place until 1948 when they were moved back to Colombo. After the departure of Royal College, the a new school was established in the former premises. Though with humble beings with just one or two building in its early days the school grew with Glendale bungalow begin granted to the school by Mr. Hoak along with its land of 26 acres (110,000 m2). In 1954 the Prime minister Sir John Kotelawala declared open the college main hall and two storied building, which caused to rapid development of the facilities in the college. In 1958 this was called as Bandarawela senior school and after 1972 Bandarawela Senior College became the Bandarwela Madya Maha Vidyalaya (Bandarawela Central College). In 1986 November BMMV became a National school and on that time this school was the one and only National school in Uva province. In 1974 BMMV primary section was separated and started as another school called Bandarawela Darmashoka vidyalaya. But in 1986 it was started again very close to the Bandarawela central college and it was called as Dr. E.W Adikaram Primary school, Bandarawela

 

 

twit

visit our wikipedia to more info and submit history you know